For older drivers, one of the largest considerations that are used to help calculate the annual cost of car insurance is your zip code. Areas with a lot of weather claims or more people tend to pay slightly more, whereas areas with lower crime rates and fewer weather claims profit from lower rates.
The information below sorts the most expensive places in Florida for drivers over age 50 in which to buy car insurance. Jacksonville ranks #19 with the annual price of $1,960 for the average policy, which is around $163 each month.
|5||West Palm Beach||$2,625|
|20||Port St. Lucie||$1,916|
|Get a Custom Quote Go|
Rate quotes are approximated as the specific Jacksonville residence address can modify coverage prices substantially.
Deciphering which company quotes the lowest-priced car insurance rates for drivers over age 50 will involve a bit more effort in order to find the best policy. Each auto insurance company has a unique approach to set policy rates, so we need to take a look at the lowest cost car insurance companies in Florida.
Keep in mind that Jacksonville car insurance rates are based on many factors that will increase or decrease the cost of your policy. Improving your credit score, filing a claim, or getting a speeding ticket may generate price changes that can cause some rates to be more affordable than others.
Best Insurance Companies for Age 50+
|Rank||Company||Cost Per Year|
|Find Your Rate Go|
USAA has some of the lowest car insurance rates in Jacksonville at around $957 per year. This is $1,491 less than the average rate paid by Florida drivers of $2,448. Amica, Electric, Progressive, and Allied also are some of the best Jacksonville, FL car insurance companies.
As the rates illustrate above, if you currently buy coverage from Amica and switched to USAA, you could earn annual savings of approximately $755. Florida drivers with Electric may save as much as $789 a year, and Progressive customers might lower prices by $818 a year.
Bear in mind that those estimates are averaged for all ages of drivers and types of vehicles and do not take into consideration an exact zip code location for drivers over age 50. So the auto insurance company that is best for you may not even be in the top 21 companies shown above. That affirms the importance of why you need to get quotes using your own individual information.
Get discounts on Jacksonville car insurance
Insurance companies that provide coverage for drivers over age 50 may have discounts that can reduce rates by 30% or more if you meet certain criteria. Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, federal employee, good student, and membership and employees.
- Travelers may have discounts that include driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, multi-car, IntelliDrive, save driver, and home ownership.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, business or organization, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, mature driver, pay in full, good student, switch companies, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including emergency road assistance, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, online shopper, and claim free.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver’s education, accident-free, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, multi-car, annual mileage, location of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
The information below shows the comparison of car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows insurance cost with no discounts. The second bar shows the rates with claim-free, defensive driving course, multiple policy, accident-free, vehicle safety, and marriage discounts applied. When these discounts are applied, theaverage yearly reduction on car insurance for drivers over age 50 is 30% or $520.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels can change insurance rates when quoting cheap insurance for drivers over age 50. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
The chart above illustrates that a 50-year-old driver could cut expenses by $462 a year by switching their comprehensive and collision coverages from a $100 deductible up to a $500 deductible, or save $696 by changing to a $1,000 deductible. Even younger insureds, like the age 20 example, could possibly save $1,550 annually just by choosing higher deductibles when buying full coverage.
When increasing deductibles, it is important to have plenty of discretionary funds to pay the extra out-of-pocket expense, which is the one inconvenience of using high deductibles.
Tips to find budget-friendly auto insurance for drivers over age 50
It’s not impossible to find cheaper rates, and here are some of the better penny-pinching solutions that can help you quote cheap coverage.
- Avoid accidents
- Vehicles with safetly features generally cost less to insure
- Increase deductibles to save money
- Do not get traffic citations
- Higher credit ratings may save you money
- Save money by insuring older vehicles for liability only
- Compare prices frequently to find the best deal
The last tip in the list is extremely crucial, as we noted in the prior information. Car insurance prices adjust frequently, so drivers shouldn’t hesitate to buy a policy from a new company if you can find a cheaper rate.
Having a favorite company is fine, but it’s not a good idea if it’s costing you lots of money. Spend a few minutes and compare prices and find cheaper auto insurance for drivers over age 50 in Jacksonville.
The agents shown below can most likely aid you in deciding which auto insurance policy fits you best, as many consumers aren’t sure which coverage to buy and prefer to get help from a professional when shopping around for cheaper insurance for drivers over age 50. It can be time-consuming to find the cheapest car insurance policy, and insurance agents can give you satisfaction knowing your policy gives you suitable coverage if you have an accident.
To find an auto insurance agency nearest to you, click the button following the list.
Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 766-1995
Jim Love – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 College St – Jacksonville, FL 32205 – (904) 384-5000
Chris Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 – Jacksonville, FL 32222 – (904) 854-4700
Chris Bedford – State Farm Insurance Agent
3943 Baymeadows Rd #1 – Jacksonville, FL 32217 – (904) 730-4300
Otis Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32259 – (904) 287-1523