If you're searching for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance choices in your area? Many other people are as well. Florida drivers have so many choices that it can be a ton of work to find the perfect company for you. Jacksonville is a wonderful place to live, but expensive car insurance can make it nearly impossible to buy proper levels of coverage.
It's amazing but over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Florida could save approximately $1,130 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Our objective is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes. If you already have coverage, you should be able to lower your rates using these tips. Although Florida car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Jacksonville
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don't even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a lower auto insurance rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Early Switch Discount - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current 200 insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler can qualify you for substantially lower prices.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- E-sign - A few companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, early shopping, business and professional, homeowner, switch companies, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, new graduate, new vehicle discount, good student, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
If you need the cheapest Chrysler 200 rate quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state. To locate auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Jacksonville, follow this link.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details such as an estimate of your credit level, level of coverage desired, how much school you completed, and if you have an active license. That rating information is then sent to many of the top insurers and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Jacksonville.
By using this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following are independent agents in Jacksonville that can give you price quotes.
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 771-6400 - View Map
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 - Jacksonville, FL 32244 - (904) 783-3388 - View Map
- Rumlin Insurance Agency
5600 New Kings Rd #4 - Jacksonville, FL 32209 - (904) 770-4456 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
- John Brooks - State Farm Insurance Agent
11362 San Jose Blvd #19 - Jacksonville, FL 32223 - (904) 880-9060 - View Map
- Jim Register - State Farm Insurance Agent
12058 San Jose Blvd #302 - Jacksonville, FL 32223 - (904) 268-5522 - View Map
- Yuleen Broome - State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 398-0401 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in Jacksonville should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jacksonville?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Jacksonville?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you a lot of tips how to shop for Chrysler 200 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Jacksonville car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Jacksonville is possible on the web in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don't offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is actually quite simple.
How to save money on Chrysler 200 insurance in Jacksonville
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Chrysler 200 insurance in Jacksonville is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Florida.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much is Jacksonville Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)