If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Florida.
First, try to learn a little about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Jacksonville is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
Many insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage prices from their websites. Comparing Dodge Journey insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter your coverage information into a form. When complete, the quote system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on many factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Dodge Journey insurance in Jacksonville makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to get the cheapest auto insurance rates.
In order to compare pricing, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Dodge Journey models. Learning more about how insurance policy premiums are calculated can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$182||$258||$430||$26||$128||$1,024||$85|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$182||$314||$430||$26||$128||$1,080||$90|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$204||$314||$430||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$204||$314||$430||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|Journey SXT AWD||$204||$314||$430||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|Journey R/T AWD||$204||$370||$430||$26||$128||$1,158||$97|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$204||$370||$430||$26||$128||$1,158||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter rates substantially.
Careless Jacksonville drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can impact Dodge Journey insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Journey insurance costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Journey replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Dodge Journey Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Deter car thieves – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Low mileage costs less – The more miles you rack up on your Dodge annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Journey may be costing you higher rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Lots of insurance companies apply discounts to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other Jacksonville Journey insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Your address can influence costs – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Dodge Journey insurance claim data – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Journey vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Journey Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Journey 4dr 2WD 80 92 80 148 163 131 Dodge Journey 4dr 4WD 96 116 71 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Dodge Journey insurance in Jacksonville is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so get free Jacksonville car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
We covered many ideas to shop for Dodge Journey insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Jacksonville car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)