Really, the only way to find better pricing on Hummer H2 insurance in Jacksonville is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Florida.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,158, Jacksonville drivers could save as much as 55% every year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
Get cheaper Hummer H2 insurance in Jacksonville with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Hummer may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- E-sign – Some companies give back up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. For a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, click here to view.
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from different Jacksonville insurance companies. The easiest way to compare Hummer H2 insurance prices is to get quotes online. Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Jacksonville H2 insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get price quotes.
- Michael Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
10920 Baymeadows Rd #7 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 777-6888 – View Map
- Bob Gibbs – State Farm Insurance Agent
5495 Fort Caroline Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 744-2702 – View Map
- Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Jacksonville independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 – Jacksonville, FL 32225 – (904) 743-6661 – View Map
- Frye Insurance Agency, Inc.
1851 University Blvd S – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (888) 812-2985 – View Map
- Rosetta’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
6715 Wilson Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 677-0441 – View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance. But remember, you are entitled to cancel a policy any time you want so never feel that you are obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed, theft, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The most your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like surgery, nursing services, EMT expenses, dental work and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as structural damage, attorney fees and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your H2 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your H2 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Florida limits are 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Budget-friendly insurance in Jacksonville can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Hummer H2 insurance in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)