Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Florida could save $1,100 a year, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced Dodge Charger insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Jacksonville. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Charger coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes online. This process is quite simple as you simply enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. The ability to get online rates for Dodge Charger insurance in Jacksonville makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's also necessary to perform this step if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Charger detailed coverage information
The rate table shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Dodge Charger models. Having a better idea how prices are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$500||$940||$704||$42||$210||$2,396||$200|
|Charger SXT AWD||$500||$940||$704||$42||$210||$2,396||$200|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$500||$1082||$704||$42||$210||$2,538||$212|
|Charger R/T AWD||$552||$1082||$704||$42||$210||$2,590||$216|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify price quotes substantially.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can change Dodge Charger annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Charger premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Charger claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Six Tips to Get Lower-cost Jacksonville Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
Poor driving leads to higher premiums - Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can impact Dodge Charger insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Your career may increase premiums - Careers like military personnel, business owners, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Increase deductibles to save - Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Reserve claims for larger damages - If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Florida provide lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Car insurance rates and age - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Dodge Charger insurance claim data - Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium prices. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Charger 2WD||148||142||160||176||178||159|
|Dodge Charger 4WD||124||129||115||107||110||138|
|Dodge Charger HEMI||156||106||202||118||127||111|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Charger, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.