Are you searching for more affordable Honda Civic insurance in Jacksonville? Are you sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to pay your car insurance bill each month? You're in the same situation as many other Florida consumers.
Astonishing but true, most car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Florida being $2,200, drivers could cut their rates by about $1,130 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't want to do a rate comparison. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Honda Civic insurance in Jacksonville.
You should take the time to compare prices once or twice a year because insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Honda Civic insurance in Jacksonville a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Jacksonville is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Smart shoppers just have to understand the fastest way to find the lowest price online.
Finding cheaper car insurance quotes is surprisingly easy. You just have to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
It's so simple to compare car insurance quotes online takes the place of having to spend time driving to different agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible with some companies compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The data table displayed below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Honda Civic models. Learning how policy premiums are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$494||$542||$32||$162||$1,450||$121|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$584||$542||$32||$162||$1,540||$128|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$584||$542||$32||$162||$1,540||$128|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$584||$678||$40||$202||$1,724||$144|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$584||$542||$32||$162||$1,540||$128|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$584||$542||$32||$162||$1,540||$128|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$672||$678||$40||$202||$1,812||$151|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$672||$542||$32||$162||$1,660||$138|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$672||$542||$32||$162||$1,660||$138|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$672||$678||$40||$202||$1,844||$154|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$672||$542||$32||$162||$1,660||$138|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$672||$678||$40||$202||$1,844||$154|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$584||$542||$32||$162||$1,604||$134|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$760||$678||$40||$202||$1,964||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes substantially.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Honda Civic insurance prices for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Males versus Females
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Honda Civic annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Civic replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Discount Jacksonville car insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Civic insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, federal employee, air bags, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- Allstate offers discounts including new car, multi-policy, anti-theft, farm vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, and premier discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, good student, and safe driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
Double check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurance companies who offer online Honda Civic insurance quotes in Jacksonville, follow this link.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Jacksonville Civic insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Civic, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Honda. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local Jacksonville insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Jacksonville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Jacksonville who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Car insurance agents in Jacksonville come in two varieties
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Agencies in Jacksonville can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both handle insurance, but it's good to learn the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, it's recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Jacksonville who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
These agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Jacksonville exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?