A recent car insurance study discovered that almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Jacksonville insurance shoppers can save almost 55% each year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
The preferred way to get cheaper Mercury Sable insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Jacksonville.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic violations and your credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more information to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most of the bigger providers provide online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if the car is leased, if a SR-22 is needed, daily mileage, and driver ages. That rating information is then sent to multiple companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Lower rate quotes on Mercury Sable insurance in Jacksonville with these discounts
Some companies don't always list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Jacksonville car insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Jacksonville can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some insurance companies give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount get Jacksonville car insurance digitally online.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Sable can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
A partial list of companies that have some of the above discounts are:
Before buying, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To locate insurers with discount rates in Jacksonville, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying your policy for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my Mercury Sable covered if I use it for business?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Mercury Sable Insurance Rates Can Be Cheaper
It's important that you understand some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors that factor into your rates.
Your address can affect price - Living in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Women pay lower rates - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
More policies can equal more savings - Most larger insurers afford better rates to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Liability protection is important - Liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Avoid traffic tickets - Getting just one speeding ticket may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Never let your insurance policy lapse - Going without insurance is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department.
Theft deterrents save - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Teenagers are high risk - Youthful drivers in Florida are proven to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a beginning driver to your policy can really hurt. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Florida overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
A conclusion for your insurance search
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to shop for Mercury Sable insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in Florida is available on the following sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)