Amazingly, most consumers in Florida have been with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save about $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable BMW M2 insurance in Jacksonville is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Our goal is to help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to find the best rates using this strategy. But Florida vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best price.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on BMW M2 insurance in Jacksonville?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total M2 insurance premium.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current M2 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a slight reduction on a Jacksonville auto insurance quote.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, air bags, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- MetLife has savings for good student, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century includes discounts for driver training, defensive driver, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Jacksonville. To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine prices.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a significant other helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Car insurance rates and age – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are proven to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Avoid car insurance policy lapses – Going without insurance is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of car insurance companies will give discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other Jacksonville M2 insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Occupation and insurance prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like judges, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Insurance loss statistics a BMW M2 – Companies analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for BMW M2 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
BMW M2 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW M235 i 2dr 155 277BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years