Locating better insurance prices for a BMW Z4 in Florida could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used BMW and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Jacksonville agents.
It’s a good habit to compare premium rates periodically because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best premium rates on BMW Z4 insurance in Jacksonville on your last policy a different company probably has better prices today. You can find a lot of information about Z4 insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some tested techniques to buy car insurance cheaper in Jacksonville.
Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest-priced coverage in Jacksonville is not as hard as you may think. If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Shoppers just need to use the fastest way to compare rate quotes on the web.
BMW Z4 insurance discounts in Jacksonville
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Jacksonville auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors are able to get lower premium rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to monitor their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below shows the comparison of BMW Z4 car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
To see insurance companies who offer cheap BMW Z4 insurance quotes in Jacksonville in Florida, follow this link.
Lowering your insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies provide price quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
BMW Z4 insurance coverage information
The coverage table displayed below outlines a range of prices for BMW Z4 models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are figured can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Z4 3.0I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$192||$384||$334||$20||$100||$1,030||$86|
|Z4 3.5I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$192||$384||$334||$20||$100||$1,030||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect BMW Z4 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better insurance rates. Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your premiums.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows BMW Z4 policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
Save money by eliminating incidental coverages – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Obey driving laws and save – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up BMW Z4 auto insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance loss data for a BMW Z4 – Companies use statistical claims data to help calculate premium rates. Models that statistically have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the historical loss data for BMW Z4 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW Z4 Convertible||131||67||78|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
After completing this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Jacksonville who may provide price quote information.
- Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 766-1995 – View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32219 – (904) 764-3336 – View Map
- Zellner Insurance Agency
4114 Sunbeam Rd #101 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 356-1492 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are Jacksonville exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Otis Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32259 – (904) 287-1523 – View Map
- Margie Harner – State Farm Insurance Agent
4540 Southside Blvd #1102 – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 296-2500 – View Map
- Bill Doyle – State Farm Insurance Agent
11555 Central Pkwy #904 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 642-4000 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Jacksonville?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Auto insurance is not optional in Florida
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your BMW Z4 with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your BMW and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Budget-friendly insurance in Jacksonville can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your BMW Z4 insurance premium rates in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
How to buy cheaper BMW Z4 insurance in Jacksonville
The easiest way to save money on BMW Z4 insurance is to annually compare prices from providers in Jacksonville.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)