Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Amazingly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Florida insurance shoppers could cut their rates by up to 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Big companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good habit to check car insurance prices periodically because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best premium rates on Cadillac Deville insurance in Jacksonville on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices online. Comparing prices online for Cadillac Deville insurance in Jacksonville is fairly simple as you simply enter the coverages you want into a form. After you submit the form the system orders your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. Quoting online for Cadillac Deville insurance in Jacksonville simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get lower-cost prices.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac has a lienholder, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Cadillac for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to save money.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Better drivers pay lower prices – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one driving citation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. People who have multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- High coverage deductibles save money – Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Mileage impacts costs – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Deville may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Safer vehicles are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Slash rates with these discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Jacksonville auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper rates.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Jacksonville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Jacksonville agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Jacksonville who may provide price quotes.
Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St – Jacksonville, FL 32202 – (904) 350-0014 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Jacksonville should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
A little work can save a LOT of money
We covered a lot of techniques to reduce Cadillac Deville insurance rates online in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding affordable Cadillac Deville insurance in Jacksonville
The recommended way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Jacksonville. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Deville coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)