If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable BMW X5 eDrive insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Jacksonville.
- Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Regrettably, most drivers in Florida renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save almost $859 each year, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Jacksonville is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. But Florida drivers do need to understand how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Car insurance policy discounts for BMW X5 eDrive insurance in Jacksonville
Companies don’t list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help lower your premiums.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- State Farm has savings for good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, defensive driver, driver training, 55 and older, early bird, and student driver.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, early quote, driver training, continuous insurance, student away at school, and home ownership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, seat belt use, federal employee, daytime running lights, and air bags.
If you want cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate a better price.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance quotes from local Jacksonville insurance agencies
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Jacksonville?
The difference between Jacksonville car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Jacksonville can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville that can give you price quote information.
- Parvez Sahotra – State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 Hodges Blvd #14 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 221-1161 – View Map
- David Beam – State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 379-4156 – View Map
- Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Insurance Agency
803 3rd St N – Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 – (904) 247-5599 – View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N – Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 – (904) 372-2355 – View Map
- Frye Insurance Agency, Inc.
1851 University Blvd S – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (888) 812-2985 – View Map
Car insurance policy coverages for a BMW X5 eDrive
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 bodily injury coverage, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Florida limits are 10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, surgery and EMT expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage covers damage to your X5 eDrive resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your X5 eDrive in order to get cheaper collision rates.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on BMW X5 eDrive insurance in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest BMW X5 eDrive rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)