Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is the reason for your visit, understanding how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can help you be more efficient.
The most effective way to find cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Jacksonville is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Florida.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
This information will tell you how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. If you currently have auto insurance, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques covered below. But Florida car owners benefit from understanding how companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Best Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rates in Florida
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Jacksonville is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
For a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Jacksonville, click here.
Lower Your Jacksonville Insurance Premiums
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Premiums go up with performance – The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Get a ticket, pay higher rates – Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates substantially. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. People who have serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Car insurance companies in Florida give the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Raise your coverage deductibles for better rates – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The more the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- High credit means lower prices – Credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet TrailBlazer if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Does car insurance cost more for men? – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does my Chevy TrailBlazer need full coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Jacksonville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Jacksonville agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you check rates from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Jacksonville independent agencies who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Brightway Insurance
8206 Philips Hwy – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 527-3029 – View Map
- Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St – Jacksonville, FL 32202 – (904) 350-0014 – View Map
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 329-7950 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kathy Scott – State Farm Insurance Agent
6018 San Jose Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32217 – (904) 730-3665 – View Map
- Homer St Clair – State Farm Insurance Agent
7305 Merrill Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 743-7422 – View Map
- Debra Braddock – State Farm Insurance Agent
9310 Old Kings Rd S #1901 – Jacksonville, FL 32257 – (904) 737-0829 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Jacksonville?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Upon receiving good feedback to all your questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation, high prices and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
Cost effective Chevy TrailBlazer insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)