Really, the only way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Jacksonville. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides ideas to get better rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Jacksonville can save up to $1,100 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Jacksonville is easy if you know what you're doing. Shoppers just have to use how to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Cheapest car insurance in Jacksonville, FL
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Jacksonville car insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jacksonville car insurance online. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Bundle and Save - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds who allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Jacksonville car insurance agent
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Jacksonville should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Jacksonville?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Jacksonville?
If you're trying to find a good Jacksonville insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Ray Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 751-6643 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are Jacksonville independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just covered many tips how you can reduce Land Rover FreeLander insurance car insurance rates online in Jacksonville. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Land Rover FreeLander insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Jacksonville can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Jacksonville car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)