The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Saab 9-7X insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Jacksonville. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article provides tips to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important note is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who rate shop once a year will presumably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your target objective, learning the best way to compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Best Saab 9-7X insurance rates in Florida
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Florida. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Affordable rates on Saab 9-7X insurance in Jacksonville with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for several vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When getting free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Jacksonville. To view insurers with the best Saab 9-7X insurance discounts in Jacksonville, click here.
Lower Your Jacksonville Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Premiums may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to pay higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other professions such as scientists, athletes and performers pay the least.
Extra policy coverages you don’t need – Policies have additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Why do you need liability insurance? – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Lower rates come with age – Drivers with little experience are proven to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Less chance of injury means lower auto insurance rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Saab 9-7X has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Saab 9-7X?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville insurance agents?
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Jacksonville who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville
When finding a local Jacksonville insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get price quotes.
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 329-7950 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
8206 Philips Hwy – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 527-3029 – View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32219 – (904) 764-3336 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give price quotes.
- Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Bernard
7530 103rd St Ste 13 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 777-3130 – View Map
- Michael Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
10920 Baymeadows Rd #7 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 777-6888 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Once you have good answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy at any time so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
Cheaper Saab 9-7X insurance in Jacksonville can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Jacksonville, so you need to shop Jacksonville auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered some good ideas how to reduce Saab 9-7X insurance rates online in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)