Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who get price comparisons will presumably switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Jacksonville is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to shop for insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Jacksonville.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Crosstrek coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Make sure you keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm and Allstate give coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates online doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your required coverages into the form. After you complete the form, their quoting system will order your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Jacksonville makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though Jacksonville Crosstrek insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru Crosstrek has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Jacksonville overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
The Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Cost Equation
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Some companies apply lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having a single citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Only buy what you need – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Car insurance policy discounts for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Jacksonville
Some companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Jacksonville car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Jacksonville is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Discount – Jacksonville drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Car insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Jacksonville car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in your state.
Insurance quotes from local Jacksonville insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
When searching for a local agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Jacksonville are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
- Denny Doyle – State Farm Insurance Agent
7807 Baymeadows Rd E #100 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 737-3777 – View Map
13947 Beach Blvd #206 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 992-0002 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance, John Crowell Agency
9700 Philips Hwy #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 538-9440 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide price quotes.
- Rosetta’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
6715 Wilson Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 677-0441 – View Map
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 391-1003 – View Map
- Jim White Insurance Agency
1840 Dunn Ave #6 – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-2222 – View Map
Upon receiving good answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy.
Shop smart and save
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheaper car insurance in Jacksonville is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can compare Subaru Crosstrek insurance auto insurance rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)