The preferred way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Jacksonville. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and a negative credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on SX4 insurance in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop for lower prices will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $70 a month compared to other drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your ultimate target, learning the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you're paying now.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers that enable their company to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount should help lower your insurance premiums.
The information below shows the difference between Suzuki SX4 insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, federal employee, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, and claim free.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Jacksonville. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Suzuki SX4 insurance rate analysis
The coverage table displayed below showcases estimates of prices for Suzuki SX4 models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy rates are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$248||$532||$392||$24||$118||$1,314||$110|
|SX4 Sport SE||$248||$532||$392||$24||$118||$1,314||$110|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$248||$450||$392||$24||$118||$1,232||$103|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$248||$450||$392||$24||$118||$1,232||$103|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$248||$450||$392||$24||$118||$1,232||$103|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$248||$532||$392||$24||$118||$1,314||$110|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$280||$450||$392||$24||$118||$1,264||$105|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$280||$450||$392||$24||$118||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Suzuki SX4 insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Careless Jacksonville drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims raise Suzuki SX4 car insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Suzuki SX4 insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Suzuki SX4 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
By using this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Jacksonville that can provide free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
If you would like to find a good Jacksonville insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Jacksonville agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 - Jacksonville, FL 32246 - (904) 329-7950 - View Map
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 391-1003 - View Map
- Brightway Insurance
8206 Philips Hwy - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 527-3029 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are Jacksonville exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Therese Quinn - State Farm Insurance Agent
1944 Southside Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32216 - (904) 724-6040 - View Map
- Homer St Clair - State Farm Insurance Agent
7305 Merrill Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 743-7422 - View Map
- Parvez Sahotra - State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 Hodges Blvd #14 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 221-1161 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Once you have good feedback and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just be aware that you can always cancel coverage whenever you want so never feel you're contractually obligated to your new company indefinitely.
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my Suzuki SX4 need full coverage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Suzuki SX4 Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Save by driving less - Driving more miles annually the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your SX4 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Low physical damage deductibles cost more - Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Suzuki from damage. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Safer cars cost less to insure - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Add-on coverages can add up - There are many additional coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Car and home together may be cheaper - Lots of auto insurance companies afford better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other Jacksonville SX4 insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Getting married is a bonus - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other means you're more stable financially and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Optional features that cut premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. Economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart is based on a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Suzuki SX4 rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, car insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your SX4, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Suzuki at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your SX4 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Jacksonville can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Jacksonville, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is located below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)