If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper Camry Hybrid coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It's well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around are inclined to move their business because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around every year saved on average $865 annually compared to policyholders who don't regularly compare prices.
If saving money on Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Jacksonville is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Companies offering low-cost Toyota Camry Hybrid rates in Jacksonville, FL
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Toyota Camry Hybrid coverage statistics
The table shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for Toyota Camry Hybrid models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are determined can help customers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Camry Hybrid auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline for excluding physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Toyota Camry Hybrid book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Verify you're earning every discount
Some insurers do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Toyota may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free - Jacksonville drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower insurance rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current Camry Hybrid insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Camry Hybrid auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance quotes in Florida, click this link.
Get Cheap Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that help determine your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Toyota. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles - The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Toyota Camry Hybrid rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
- Occupation can influence rates - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like judges, police officers, and accountants generally pay higher average rates in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Loss probability for a Toyota Camry Hybrid - Auto insurance companies study historical loss data to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Camry Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Camry Hybrid Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying car insurance from Jacksonville car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Jacksonville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you're trying to find local Jacksonville agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Jacksonville are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you should always get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Jacksonville that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N - Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 - (904) 372-2355 - View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32219 - (904) 764-3336 - View Map
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 376-7200 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agents in Jacksonville that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Bernard
7530 103rd St Ste 13 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 777-3130 - View Map
- Michael Nickas - State Farm Insurance Agent
10920 Baymeadows Rd #7 - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 777-6888 - View Map
- Cam Anderson - State Farm Insurance Agent
4555 San Juan Ave - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 381-1206 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
If you get good responses to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
You just read some good ideas how to shop for Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available at these links:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)