It's an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop rates annually are likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Jacksonville is your goal, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Volvo S40 insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in Jacksonville. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and bad credit can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you are insured now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Quoting and comparing affordable insurance in Jacksonville is not as hard as you may think. Although Florida drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Low cost Jacksonville Volvo S40 insurance rate quotes online
There are several ways to compare quotes from many insurance companies in Florida. The fastest way to find cheaper Volvo S40 rates consists of shopping online. Just remember that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Not every company does price estimates online, so you need to compare price quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Volvo S40 insurance rates in Jacksonville
Some insurers don't always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Good Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volvo S40 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and bundle.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, good driver, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including bundle discounts, mature driver, homeowner, switch companies, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for military installation, safe driver, good student, defensive driver, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, exclusive group savings, newly retired, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
If you want affordable Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Jacksonville. For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Coverage statistics and figures
The price information displayed next showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Volvo S40 models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$332||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premium rates considerably.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Volvo S40 insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Jacksonville
The example below compares Volvo S40 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volvo S40 liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below compares Volvo S40 yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Volvo S40 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Jacksonville
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings.
Save annual miles and save money - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated S40 is just wasting money.
Raise coverage deductibles and save - Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your Volvo from damage. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
High credit history translates to low prices - Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo S40 if you clean up your credit. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit.
Driving citations cost more than a fine - How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Even one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. People who have flagrant tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below shows how violations and accident claims influence Volvo S40 auto insurance rates for each different age category. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability protection claims can be big - The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Jacksonville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy car insurance from a good Jacksonville insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Jacksonville can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that can give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Rumlin Insurance Agency
5600 New Kings Rd #4 - Jacksonville, FL 32209 - (904) 770-4456 - View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32219 - (904) 764-3336 - View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 771-6400 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get price quotes.
- Jim Love - State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 College St - Jacksonville, FL 32205 - (904) 384-5000 - View Map
- Connie Doyle State Farm Insurance Agency
14158 Marsh Woods Ct - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 223-0035 - View Map
- Edie Williams - State Farm Insurance Agent
2325 Park St - Jacksonville, FL 32204 - (904) 425-4054 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Jacksonville should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
A little work can save a LOT of money
When you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper Volvo S40 insurance in Jacksonville can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
We just covered many ways to lower your Volvo S40 insurance car insurance rates in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)