Dodge Durango insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to find low-cost Dodge Durango insurance in Jacksonville? No one in their right mind looks forward to buying insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you shop around. People who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Jacksonville is why you're here, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating. Drivers have so many insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to adequately compare rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Jacksonville.
It is always a good idea to compare rates at least once a year because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Dodge Durango insurance in Jacksonville a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Best companies for Dodge Durango insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Multiple Cars - Having multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get lower premium rates.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Jacksonville auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Dodge Durango insurance rates in Jacksonville.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, electronic funds transfer, distant student, teen driver, multi-car, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple policy, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, safety features, and good student.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be offered in Jacksonville. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, follow this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether you could use an agent's help.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Jacksonville who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Jacksonville can either be independent or exclusive. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Jacksonville that may be able to provide free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
Chris Nickas - State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 - Jacksonville, FL 32222 - (904) 854-4700 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Jacksonville should know the answers to these questions.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
One last note
Cheaper auto insurance in Jacksonville can be found from both online companies in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
How to save on Dodge Durango insurance in Jacksonville
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Dodge Durango insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Jacksonville.
- Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Once received, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)