It's an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don't want you shop around. People who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance is why you're reading this, then having an understanding of how to find and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Lincoln LS insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Jacksonville.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Quoting and comparing the cheapest protection in Jacksonville is quite easy. But Florida drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies sell online because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Not every company does online price quotes, so it's necessary to compare prices from them, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount Jacksonville auto insurance rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on LS insurance in Jacksonville.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy premiums.
Car insurance companies who may offer these discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though Jacksonville LS insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lincoln LS and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your LS outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When to contact an agent
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Jacksonville that can give you rate quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in Jacksonville.
- Kim Lego - State Farm Insurance Agent
13820 Old St Augustine Rd #401 - Jacksonville, FL 32258 - (904) 268-9900 - View Map
- Denny Doyle - State Farm Insurance Agent
7807 Baymeadows Rd E #100 - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 737-3777 - View Map
- Ray Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 751-6643 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Bernard
7530 103rd St Ste 13 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 777-3130 - View Map
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Jacksonville?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?