It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop rates annually will probably buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding better rates. A study showed that people who regularly shopped around saved about $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Jacksonville is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of the best way to compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Florida.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives tips to help prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Lancer insurance. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Reduce your car insurance rates with these eight discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every discount they offer very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Data Collection Discounts – Jacksonville drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to study driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
The information below shows the difference between Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
When getting free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Mitsubishi Lancer insurance quotes in Florida, click this link.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Jacksonville is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as how much education you have, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you drive to work or school, and daily mileage. The data is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check Mitsubishi Lancer insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance analysis for a Mitsubishi Lancer
The rate table displayed below outlines different policy rates for Mitsubishi Lancer models. Learning a little about how policy rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$216||$454||$472||$28||$142||$1,312||$109|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$238||$514||$472||$28||$142||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in your specific Jacksonville location which can change coverage rates greatly.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Jacksonville
The diagram below compares Mitsubishi Lancer yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Mitsubishi Lancer liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mitsubishi Lancer claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $200 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Mitsubishi Lancer is worth?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Jacksonville who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When researching a good Jacksonville insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get free price quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Otis Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32259 – (904) 287-1523 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Jacksonville will have answers to these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- If they are an independent agency in Jacksonville, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you get good answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy. Just understand that it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you want so never assume you are locked into your new company with no way to switch.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mitsubishi Lancer
Even though Jacksonville Lancer insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mitsubishi Lancer, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Mitsubishi Lancer. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mitsubishi gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Jacksonville overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi Lancer.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Lancer to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for EMT expenses, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 10/20/10 which stand for $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, loss of income, funeral expenses and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered many ideas to lower your Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premium rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)