It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons are highly likely to switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Jacksonville is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can save time and money.
The preferred way to find lower priced Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Jacksonville is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Florida. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for tips to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jacksonville. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, mature driver, teen driver, business and professional, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, claim free, Switch & Save, defensive driver, multi-car, and good driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, air bags, defensive driver, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- Allstate may have discounts that include new car, multi-policy, premier discount, safe driver, premier plus, anti-lock brakes, and resident student.
It’s a good idea to ask each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Suzuki XL-7 insurance discounts in Florida, click here.
Getting a more affordable price on Suzuki XL-7 insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes to find the company with low cost Jacksonville auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Jacksonville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a local Jacksonville insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Jacksonville agents may be either exclusive or independent. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32219 – (904) 764-3336 – View Map
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 376-7200 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
8206 Philips Hwy – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 527-3029 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below are Jacksonville exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Bob Gibbs – State Farm Insurance Agent
5495 Fort Caroline Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 744-2702 – View Map
- Homer St Clair – State Farm Insurance Agent
7305 Merrill Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 743-7422 – View Map
- Cam Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4555 San Juan Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 381-1206 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Persistence will pay off
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, denial of a claim or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
When you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be read below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)