Did a good deal turn out to be high-priced Volkswagen Golf insurance in Jacksonville? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Jacksonville just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop for lower prices are very likely to switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A survey found that consumers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
How to find better rates for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Jacksonville
Really, the only way to get low-cost Volkswagen Golf insurance in Jacksonville is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Since drivers have many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Volkswagen Golf in Jacksonville, it’s difficult to pick the best insurance company.
Affordable Jacksonville Volkswagen Golf insurance quotes online
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding better pricing.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Volkswagen Golf insurance coverage information
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance rates for Volkswagen Golf models. Being aware of how insurance prices are established can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$358||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,688||$141|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$406||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,736||$145|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$406||$880||$418||$24||$124||$1,852||$154|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$406||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,736||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices considerably.
Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Golf car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost of full coverage in Jacksonville
The diagram below shows the difference between Volkswagen Golf insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Golf replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Jacksonville Golf insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
What Affects Volkswagen Golf Insurance Premiums?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Raise your deductibles for better costs – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Volkswagen. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
High credit history translates to low rates – Your credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. People with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Golf if you clean up your credit.
Use one insurance company and save – Most major insurers will award lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below shows how traffic citations and accidents can impact Volkswagen Golf yearly insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Prices may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart is based on a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums compared to other models that have different risk factors.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Golf – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the loss history for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a Volkswagen Golf?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Volkswagen Golf?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
You just read many ways to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Jacksonville car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to buying cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance in Jacksonville
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Jacksonville. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available on the following sites:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)