If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Chevy Classic insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Jacksonville. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $2,160, Florida drivers could save almost $1,126 each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates online.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, use these techniques to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying affordable auto insurance in Jacksonville is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Drivers just have to know the most time-saving way to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Finding a better price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Chevrolet Classic insurance quotes.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rates online makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to different agent offices. Shopping for insurance online eliminates this option unless you prefer the professional abilities of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Jacksonville, buying insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Classic has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Florida overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get discounts to get affordable Jacksonville auto insurance rates
Companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Jacksonville auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Classic insurance in Jacksonville.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including bundle discounts, multi-car, distant student, alternative fuel, pay in full, and teen driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, paid in full, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and paperless.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle storage, annual mileage, safe driver, new vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in every state.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Jacksonville insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Jacksonville who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Jacksonville exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare prices from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Jacksonville willing to provide price quote information.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Be persistent and save
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Lower-priced Chevy Classic insurance in Jacksonville can be found both online in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy Classic insurance prices in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be found at these links:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)