We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will presumably switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A survey found that consumers who routinely compared rates saved on average $850 each year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is the reason for your visit, learning the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The best way to get low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Jacksonville is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Jacksonville. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from local Jacksonville car insurance companies. The quickest method to compare Chevy Cruze insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparison shopping, more quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some companies don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, driver training, military active duty, good student, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, home ownership, student away at school, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, multi-policy, newly retired, new vehicle discount, newly married, multi-car, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, good student, defensive driver, early bird, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
If you want cheaper Jacksonville car insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Jacksonville. To view companies with the best discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Jacksonville Cruze insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cruze, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your Chevy Cruze and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Jacksonville insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Jacksonville that can give you free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Jacksonville should know the answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Different types of Jacksonville auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Parvez Sahotra – State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 Hodges Blvd #14 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 221-1161 – View Map
- Otis Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32259 – (904) 287-1523 – View Map
- Bill Doyle – State Farm Insurance Agent
11555 Central Pkwy #904 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 642-4000 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that are able to give price quote information.
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 391-1003 – View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N – Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 – (904) 372-2355 – View Map
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 376-7200 – View Map