Chevy Malibu insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Want cheaper Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville? Are you a victim of an overpriced auto insurance policy? It's quite common and there are many Jacksonville drivers thinking the same thing.
We don't have to tell you that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. People who rate shop once a year are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that drivers who compared rates annually saved $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for insurance in Jacksonville is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
People have many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to adequately compare rates for Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company's rates every six months since insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to learn how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
When shopping for Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from local Jacksonville insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It's so easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the trained advice of a local Jacksonville agent. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent. It's important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find more affordable rates. Not every company does online Jacksonville Malibu insurance quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Companies offer many discounts on Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Malibu car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century has discounts for driver training, 55 and older, good student, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, bundle discounts, early shopping, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- Allstate includes discounts for good student, premier discount, good payer, anti-theft, and new car.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in Jacksonville. To view insurance companies who offer online Chevy Malibu insurance quotes in Jacksonville, click this link.
Rates and statistics
The premium information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance rates for Chevy Malibu models. Understanding more about how policy rates are determined can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage rates considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Chevy Malibu insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Malibu insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevy Malibu book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
Gender and insurance coverage rates - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Malibu insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Having a spouse is a bonus - Having a spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
High credit means lower rates - An insured's credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Malibu if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings.
A coverage lapse is a bad thing - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
How's your driving record? - Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders drive up Chevy Malibu insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive lots and pay more - The higher the miles on your Chevy each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Malibu can cost quite a bit.
Car plus home equals more savings - Most larger insurance companies provide lower prices to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Chevy Malibu claim probability - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Chevy Malibu vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an agent
Some people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Jacksonville.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Jacksonville that provide free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below are agents in Jacksonville that can give you price quotes for Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Jacksonville should have no problem answering these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Persistent drivers can save
You just read a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cost effective Chevy Malibu insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Jacksonville, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
How to find low-cost rates for Chevy Malibu insurance in Jacksonville
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Jacksonville.
- First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Make sure you keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)