Chevy Silverado insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Jacksonville? Do you get confused by the sheer number of insurance providers available to you? There are such a large number of options that it can quickly become hard work to find better premium rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Jacksonville. Everyone knows Jacksonville is the perfect city to reside in, but having to pay for pricey insurance can make it nearly impossible to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop for lower prices are very likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved on average $865 a year compared to policyholders who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Jacksonville is the reason for your visit, understanding how to shop and compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The best method to lower the rate you pay for Chevy Silverado insurance is to jump online and get quotes. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Chevy Silverado insurance statistics and information
The coverage table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Chevy Silverado models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are determined can help customers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$134||$234||$444||$26||$132||$970||$81|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$134||$234||$392||$24||$118||$902||$75|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$154||$284||$444||$26||$132||$1,040||$87|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$154||$284||$444||$26||$132||$1,040||$87|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$154||$284||$392||$24||$118||$972||$81|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$154||$284||$392||$24||$118||$972||$81|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$154||$284||$444||$26||$132||$1,040||$87|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$154||$284||$444||$26||$132||$1,040||$87|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$174||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,110||$93|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$174||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,110||$93|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$174||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,110||$93|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$174||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$174||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,110||$93|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$174||$384||$392||$24||$118||$1,092||$91|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$192||$384||$392||$24||$118||$1,110||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower prices considerably.
Jacksonville insurance discounts for a Chevy Silverado
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including online shopper, defensive driver, homeowner, Switch & Save, anti-theft, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, good student, safety features, new graduate, newly retired, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including air bags, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, paid in full, paperless, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, driver training, multi-vehicle, air bags, and seat belt use.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Jacksonville. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Florida, click here to view.
Protect your Chevy vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Silverado in Jacksonville, insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Silverado with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chevy Silverado and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Florida is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Jacksonville who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jacksonville?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Jacksonville are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Chris Nickas - State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 - Jacksonville, FL 32222 - (904) 854-4700 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stephanie Ando
3546 St Johns Bluff Rd S #109 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 645-8880 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32233 - (904) 246-8650 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most can insure with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 - Jacksonville, FL 32246 - (904) 329-7950 - View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 771-6400 - View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N - Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 - (904) 372-2355 - View Map