If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Jacksonville. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Jacksonville insurance shoppers can cut their rates by nearly $1,126 a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rates online.
Most companies allow you to get pricing direct online. Comparing prices online for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Jacksonville is pretty painless because you just enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system will order reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on many factors. Quoting online for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Jacksonville makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to do this if you want to find cheaper prices.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Spark EV in Jacksonville, buying insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Spark EV, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $855 a year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get More Affordable Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as doctors, business owners, and accountants generally have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Your location is a factor - Having an address in areas with lower population can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- You may save more by combining policies - Many insurance companies will give better rates to buyers that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor - The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- More performance means more cost - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If the Chevy Spark EV has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Rates for males may be higher - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. Females and males have fender benders in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Little extras can really add up - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Spark EV policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Discount Chevy Spark EV insurance can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida can be found on the following sites:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)