It's shocking but a large majority of drivers in Florida kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in America could save themselves roughly $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The best way we recommend to save money on auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Florida. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is that you use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chevy SS insurance in Jacksonville
Some insurers don't always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- College Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used SS may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap SS insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
Some companies that may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not apply in Jacksonville.
Compare Chevy SS insurance rates
Finding a better price on auto insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to invest a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to spend time driving to different agent offices. Comparing Chevy SS insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the advice and guidance of a local agency. Although, it is possible comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
What Impacts Chevy SS Insurance Prices?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
More mileage equals more premium - The more you drive every year the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. It's a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage. An improperly rated SS can result in significantly higher rates.
Stay claim-free and save money - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Florida give the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Pay more out-of-pocket - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Tickets hurt - Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Amount of liability - Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Chevy earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Does insurance coverage cost more for guys? - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. Females and males cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Maintain car insurance coverage - Not having insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
Chevy SS insurance loss probability - Insurers use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some people still like to have an agent's advice. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Jacksonville that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Jacksonville should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Jacksonville?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Jacksonville?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
After receiving good feedback to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that can be relied on to service your policy. But remember, you are able to terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you are obligated to a policy with no way out.
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Jacksonville is overpaying over $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on cheap rates
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Chevy SS insurance rates online in Jacksonville. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Cost effective Chevy SS insurance can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)