Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Jacksonville can cut their rates by $1,130 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide car insurance in Jacksonville. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Jacksonville. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Companies offering Audi A7 insurance in Florida
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Insurance for Less
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Avoid tickets and save - How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Even one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Improve your credit rating - Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Audi A7 by repairing your credit.
- Incidental coverages you don't use - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, towing, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance costs - The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Never allow your coverage to lapse - Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
- An active policy claims history can cost you more - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Florida award lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Liability is cheap - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Audi A7 insurance loss data - Insurance companies use statistical claims data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Audi A7 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A7 4dr 4WD 207 76 208 50 49 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates on Audi A7 insurance in Jacksonville with these insurance discounts
Companies don't always advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
To see insurance companies who offer online Audi A7 insurance quotes in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local Jacksonville insurance agents
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Jacksonville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of Jacksonville auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Jacksonville insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you should always get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Brightway Insurance
8206 Philips Hwy - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 527-3029 - View Map
- State Insurance Agency
803 3rd St N - Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 - (904) 247-5599 - View Map
- Dwight Bacon Insurance Agency
6409 Merrill Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 641-5940 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
13947 Beach Blvd #206 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 992-0002 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stephanie Ando
3546 St Johns Bluff Rd S #109 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 645-8880 - View Map
- Otis Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32259 - (904) 287-1523 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
A little work can save a LOT of money
While you're price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheap Audi A7 insurance in Jacksonville is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida can be found on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)