It's an obvious assumption that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Drivers who compare price quotes are very likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that people who did price comparisons regularly saved $860 a year compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is why you're here, then learning a little about how to shop and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier.
The easiest way to find better pricing on Fiat 500 insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers in Jacksonville.
- Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Best Fiat 500 insurance rates in Florida
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Jacksonville Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates. Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Your liability coverage limits - The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Older drivers are lower risk - Older people are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Low mileage costs less - The more you drive each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage. Improper usage on your 500 is just wasting money.
- Combine policies with the same company - Most larger insurers afford better rates for people who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other Jacksonville 500 insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- Your stress level may be raising your rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners, and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Loss statistics for a Fiat 500 - Car insurance companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Fiat 500 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Jacksonville with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and won't have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
When quoting, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some credits may not be available in your state.
Local Jacksonville insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Jacksonville?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How are claims handled?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agents in Jacksonville can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Jacksonville that can give you rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32233 - (904) 246-8650 - View Map
- David Beam - State Farm Insurance Agent
10400 San Jose Blvd Ste 2 - Jacksonville, FL 32257 - (904) 379-4156 - View Map
- Ray Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 751-6643 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32219 - (904) 764-3336 - View Map
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 - Jacksonville, FL 32244 - (904) 783-3388 - View Map
- Dwight Bacon Insurance Agency
6409 Merrill Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 641-5940 - View Map
If you get good feedback to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Fiat 500 is totaled?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Find cheaper insurance prices by comparing often
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Fiat 500 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-conscious Fiat 500 insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Jacksonville car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)