Unfortunately, over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Jacksonville insurance shoppers could save as much as 55% every year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
The easiest way to find cheaper Ford F-350 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Jacksonville. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies offering affordable Ford F-350 rates in Jacksonville, FL
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table below outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Ford F-350 models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are calculated is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$348||$748||$656||$38||$196||$1,986||$166|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$348||$748||$656||$38||$196||$1,986||$166|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$388||$636||$438||$26||$132||$1,620||$135|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$388||$748||$656||$38||$196||$2,026||$169|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$388||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,732||$144|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$388||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,732||$144|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$388||$748||$656||$38||$196||$2,026||$169|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$388||$748||$656||$38||$196||$2,026||$169|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$388||$748||$656||$38||$196||$2,026||$169|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$388||$748||$656||$38||$196||$2,026||$169|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$388||$748||$656||$38||$196||$2,026||$169|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$388||$748||$656||$38||$196||$2,026||$169|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$388||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,732||$144|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$388||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,732||$144|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$388||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,732||$144|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$388||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,140||$178|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$388||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,140||$178|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$388||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,140||$178|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$388||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,140||$178|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$388||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,140||$178|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$388||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,140||$178|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$388||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,140||$178|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$428||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,772||$148|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,772||$148|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$428||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,772||$148|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$428||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,772||$148|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$428||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,772||$148|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$428||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,772||$148|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,772||$148|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$428||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,180||$182|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$428||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,180||$182|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$428||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,180||$182|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$428||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,180||$182|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,886||$157|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,886||$157|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,886||$157|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,886||$157|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,886||$157|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$428||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,180||$182|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$428||$862||$656||$38||$196||$2,180||$182|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,886||$157|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$428||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,886||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence insurance rates noticeably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and accidents raise Ford F-350 insurance premiums for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford F-350 insurance in Jacksonville?
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Successfully completing a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current F-350 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount will bring down your policy premium.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-350 auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, accident-free, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, military active duty, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, drive less, homeowner, anti-theft, and multi-car.
When getting free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in your state. To view insurance companies who offer cheap Ford F-350 insurance quotes in Jacksonville, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers just want to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important especially in Jacksonville.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Jacksonville should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Upon getting reasonable responses to your questions and inexpensive Ford F-350 insurance in Jacksonville quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What are good deductibles for a Ford F-350?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your F-350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford F-350.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Cheap car insurance rates are out there
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Ford F-350 insurance in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from the smaller companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. The cheapest Ford F-350 insurance in Jacksonville is available both online and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available at the links below
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Kia Forte in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)