Are you kicking yourself for buying an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are lots of Jacksonville residents who feel the same.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in Jacksonville could save an average of nearly $1,100 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Kia Amanti insurance in Jacksonville
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Jacksonville.
- Try to comprehend coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Because there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be difficult for drivers to choose the best company.
You need to compare rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. If you had the lowest price on Kia Amanti insurance in Jacksonville a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
More people means more accidents – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Reserve policy claims for larger damages – If you frequently file small claims, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Florida give the lowest premiums to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Your occupation and auto insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like military personnel, airline pilots, and accountants have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
Type of car determines base costs – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
How your age affects premiums – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most larger insurers provide a discount for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Get discounts on Jacksonville car insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
To see car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Cheap Kia Amanti insurance in Jacksonville is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Jacksonville, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper Kia Amanti insurance in Jacksonville
It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget Kia Amanti insurance in Jacksonville is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)