It's well known that car insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Insureds who compare other prices are very likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on Kia Borrego insurance is the reason you're reading this, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost Kia Borrego insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that insure vehicles in Jacksonville. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
First, gain an understanding of individual coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives information to get cheaper coverage and find hidden discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get coverage prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Kia Borrego insurance in Jacksonville is fairly simple because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage information on the page. After the form is submitted, the quote system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on many factors.
Quoting online for Kia Borrego insurance in Jacksonville makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheaper prices.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Borrego, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Stay claim-free and save money - Companies in Florida provide better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles save money - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Kia from damage. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, flood damage, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Gender impacts costs - Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Both genders have fender benders in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Never go without auto insurance - Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Most insurance companies will give better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Score discounts on Jacksonville auto insurance
Companies don't always publicize the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Good Student - This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a Jacksonville auto insurance quote.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may receive better auto insurance rates.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm includes discounts for driver's education, student away at school, good driver, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, teen driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and anti-theft.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, multi-policy, accident-free, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Jacksonville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Jacksonville that provide free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Jacksonville
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Jacksonville agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that may be able to give you price quote information.
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32225 - (904) 743-6661 - View Map
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 376-7200 - View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N - Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 - (904) 372-2355 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Below are Jacksonville exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Chris Nickas - State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 - Jacksonville, FL 32222 - (904) 854-4700 - View Map
- Connie Doyle State Farm Insurance Agency
14158 Marsh Woods Ct - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 223-0035 - View Map
- Jim Love - State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 College St - Jacksonville, FL 32205 - (904) 384-5000 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Jacksonville?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Upon getting positive responses to your questions and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Be persistent to save money
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Jacksonville is available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Jacksonville auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How Much is Jacksonville Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)