If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Kia Stinger insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Jacksonville. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers in Florida have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. American drivers could save $860 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
Locating the best rates in Jacksonville is quite easy. If you are insured now, you should be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Vehicle owners just have to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rates in Florida
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies don't always advertise every possible discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Claim-Free Discount - Jacksonville drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Jacksonville can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer these benefits include:
Double check with every company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Get Cheap Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your premiums.
- Job stress can make you pay more - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as military personnel, executives, and miners are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Where you call home factors in - Having an address in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The more miles you rack up on your Kia in a year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated Stinger may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Many insurance companies apply a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices - Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Only having one ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce costs - Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Buying from insurance agents
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Jacksonville?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you're trying to find a local Jacksonville insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32233 - (904) 246-8650 - View Map
- Chris Bedford - State Farm Insurance Agent
3943 Baymeadows Rd #1 - Jacksonville, FL 32217 - (904) 730-4300 - View Map
- Sam Maimone - State Farm Insurance Agent
12620 Beach Blvd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32246 - (904) 641-6844 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Jacksonville independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Giella Insurance Agency
7855 Argyle Forest Blvd #502 - Jacksonville, FL 32244 - (904) 783-3388 - View Map
- Rumlin Insurance Agency
5600 New Kings Rd #4 - Jacksonville, FL 32209 - (904) 770-4456 - View Map
- Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 766-1995 - View Map
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you may have as well as cheap Stinger insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide insurance.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Kia Stinger insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, high prices or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)