The best way we recommend to get budget Suzuki Vitara insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Jacksonville.
Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional tips to get lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Jacksonville. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is why you're here, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you already have coverage, you should be able to find better prices using these tips. Our objective is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Florida drivers need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheap Jacksonville auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don't list every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jacksonville auto insurance online.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a Jacksonville auto insurance quote.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver's education, good driver, good student, student away at school, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, military active duty, good student, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, alternative fuel, youthful driver, good student, teen driver, distant student, and switch companies.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including if you have an active license, if you went to college, how your vehicles are used, and how much coverage you want. That information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To compare multiple company cheaper Suzuki Vitara insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Jacksonville.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Jacksonville Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings. Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Only buy coverage you need - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Premiums drop with age - Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teen driver to your policy can break the bank. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Companies want multiple policies - The majority of companies provide a discount to insureds that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save money by buying from different companies
- Do thieves like your car? - Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage - Letting your insurance expire will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful occupation? - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like actors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Jacksonville insurance agency
Some people would prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Jacksonville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a local Jacksonville insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 - Jacksonville, FL 32246 - (904) 329-7950 - View Map
- Connect America Insurance Agency
8825 Perimeter Park Blvd #303 - Jacksonville, FL 32216 - (904) 494-8898 - View Map
- Brightway Insurance
8206 Philips Hwy - Jacksonville, FL 32256 - (904) 527-3029 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville that are able to give price quote information.
- Bill Doyle - State Farm Insurance Agent
11555 Central Pkwy #904 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 642-4000 - View Map
- Bob Gibbs - State Farm Insurance Agent
5495 Fort Caroline Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 744-2702 - View Map
- Jim Register - State Farm Insurance Agent
12058 San Jose Blvd #302 - Jacksonville, FL 32223 - (904) 268-5522 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does their agency support local causes in Jacksonville?
After you get acceptable answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, you've probably found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Suzuki Vitara insurance, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence will pay off
Cheap Suzuki Vitara insurance in Jacksonville can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don't offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how to compare Suzuki Vitara insurance premium rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Other learning opportunities
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)