The best way we recommend to find low-cost Tesla Model X insurance in Jacksonville is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Florida.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Florida could save roughly 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for cheaper auto insurance policy in Jacksonville is not as hard as you think. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance instantly.
Affordable Tesla insurance price quotes in Jacksonville
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Their Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Increase deductibles to save – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Age of drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Do thieves like your car? – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Fewer miles means better rates – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your Model X can cost quite a bit.
Only buy what you need – There are many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Vehicle risk affects premiums – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Model X insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a lower auto insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies will give a small break for completing your application on the internet.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-car, good student, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, air bag, and anti-theft.
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available everywhere.
Insurance quotes from local Jacksonville insurance agencies
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Jacksonville.
After completing this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
When finding a good Jacksonville insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Jacksonville can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Frye Insurance Agency, Inc.
1851 University Blvd S – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (888) 812-2985 – View Map
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 376-7200 – View Map
- Rosetta’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
6715 Wilson Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 677-0441 – View Map
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville who can help you get price quote information.
- Jim Haskins – State Farm Insurance Agent
6983 103rd St #2 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 777-4577 – View Map
- Cam Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4555 San Juan Ave – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 381-1206 – View Map
13947 Beach Blvd #206 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 992-0002 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Jacksonville should be willing to answer these questions.
- How are claims handled?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Jacksonville?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jacksonville?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare Tesla Model X insurance car insurance rates in Jacksonville. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest Tesla Model X insurance in Jacksonville can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Jacksonville agents, so you need to shop Jacksonville auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)