The recommended way to get cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Jacksonville is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Florida.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Stratus coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Florida could save nearly 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the best rates in Jacksonville is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you are insured now or need new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. You just have to learn how to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Florida
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
What type of vehicle do you drive? - The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Drivers with excellent credit save on car insurance - Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Stratus if you clean up your credit.
With age comes responsibility - Young drivers in Florida are proven to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Lower rates with continuous car insurance coverage - Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Which gender costs less? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Lower-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Jacksonville
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- College Student - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, military active duty, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, air bags, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has discounts for air bags, 55 and older, good student, teen driver, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, accident-free, good student, air bags, good driver, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurers with the best Dodge Stratus insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Jacksonville auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If they are an independent agency in Jacksonville, which companies do they recommend?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Insurance agent types
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Jacksonville agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they are different since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are Jacksonville exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Bernard
7530 103rd St Ste 13 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 777-3130 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stephanie Ando
3546 St Johns Bluff Rd S #109 - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 645-8880 - View Map
- Chris Bedford - State Farm Insurance Agent
3943 Baymeadows Rd #1 - Jacksonville, FL 32217 - (904) 730-4300 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Jacksonville independent insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32219 - (904) 764-3336 - View Map
- Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 766-1995 - View Map
- Luten Insurance Agency
3811 Blanding Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 771-6400 - View Map
Don't assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is the minimum liability in Florida?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Jacksonville?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
One last thing about your coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Jacksonville. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)