How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance in Jacksonville? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced car insurance can take a big chunk out of your monthly budget, especially in this economy. Comparing rates annually is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are inclined to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on insurance in Jacksonville is the reason you’re reading this, then learning about the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Jacksonville
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Jacksonville is to annually compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and poor credit can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Consumers have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to get the best deal for Cadillac ATS insurance in Jacksonville.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Letting your insurance expire can be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Getting married equates to better premiums – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce prices – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Driving citations cost more than a fine – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Liability insurance is cheap – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Five star crash test rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Cadillac ATS scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Cadillac ATS claim statistics – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Be persistent and save
We covered some good ideas how to save on Cadillac ATS insurance in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Jacksonville car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Jacksonville is possible on the web in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Jacksonville
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Jacksonville. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Jacksonville. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)