The preferred way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Jacksonville. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for ideas to lower rates and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
We don't have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who get price quotes annually will most likely switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding better rates. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices regularly saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your objective, then learning about the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from local Jacksonville car insurance companies. The simplest method to find cheaper Ford Edge rates is to get quotes online.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Doing it all online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the trained advice of a local Jacksonville agent. Although you can compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
It's important to know that more quotes increases the chance that you will find a better price. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it's important to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jacksonville car insurance online.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Jacksonville car insurance quote when compared to bad drivers.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance coverage on a new Edge can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Online Discount - Some insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
The diagram below compares Ford Edge auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, mature driver, distant student, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, early bird, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, good student, defensive driving, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Jacksonville.
Detailed insurance information
The rate information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Ford Edge models. Being able to understand how rate quotes are calculated can help drivers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$196||$352||$438||$26||$132||$1,144||$95|
|Edge SE AWD||$196||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,222||$102|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$196||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,222||$102|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$196||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,222||$102|
|Edge SEL AWD||$196||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,222||$102|
|Edge Limited AWD||$226||$506||$438||$26||$132||$1,328||$111|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$226||$506||$438||$26||$132||$1,328||$111|
|Edge Sport AWD||$226||$506||$438||$26||$132||$1,328||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can affect prices substantially.
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Jacksonville?
- Who are their largest clients?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want a good Jacksonville insurance agent, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Jacksonville exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Otis Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32259 - (904) 287-1523 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you should always include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Jacksonville that can give you price quotes.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Jacksonville
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
The items below are some of the major factors that factor into prices.
Your car's features help determine prices - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Your spouse saves you money - Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. It may mean you are more mature and it's proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
How do annual miles impact premiums? - The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your Edge can result in significantly higher rates. It's a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage.
Driving citations will cost you - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Getting just one driving citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. People who have license-revoking citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
The information below shows how violations and fender-benders can drive up Ford Edge annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Multiple policies with one company can save - Lots of insurance companies afford discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Cheaper to insure women? - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. They both are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Edge annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Edge insurance claim data - Insurers factor in historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Edge vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Edge 4dr 2WD||53||93|
|Ford Edge 4dr 4WD||71||108||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Jacksonville Edge insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart consumers save more
Cheaper insurance in Jacksonville is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When searching for the cheapest Ford Edge rate quotes, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)