Shockingly, most insurance policyholders have been with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Jacksonville could cut their rates by about $1,100 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to go online and compare rates.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Ford F-150 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Jacksonville. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like your driving record and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
The cheapest Jacksonville Ford F-150 insurance price quotes online
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford F-150 in Jacksonville, insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your F-150 definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage table displayed next outlines estimates of insurance costs for Ford F-150 models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are figured can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$176||$234||$392||$24||$118||$944||$79|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$176||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$176||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$176||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$176||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,060||$88|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$228||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,060||$88|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$228||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,060||$88|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$228||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,190||$99|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$228||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,190||$99|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$228||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,190||$99|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$254||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,216||$101|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$254||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,216||$101|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$254||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,216||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Jacksonville which can influence coverage rates greatly.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents influence Ford F-150 insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance rates with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a steadfast formula for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford F-150 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Get cheaper rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Jacksonville with these discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Jacksonville Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Jacksonville can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Jacksonville, click here.
Local agents and auto insurance
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Jacksonville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get price quotes.
- Jim Haskins – State Farm Insurance Agent
6983 103rd St #2 – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 777-4577 – View Map
- Chris Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 – Jacksonville, FL 32222 – (904) 854-4700 – View Map
- Michael Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
10920 Baymeadows Rd #7 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 777-6888 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you should always contact several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Jacksonville independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Dwight Bacon Insurance Agency
6409 Merrill Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 641-5940 – View Map
- First Network Insurance Agency
6180 Fort Caroline Rd #3 – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 743-3492 – View Map
- Rosetta’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
6715 Wilson Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 677-0441 – View Map
Upon receiving good answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind consumers can terminate coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
As you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered a lot of techniques to reduce Ford F-150 insurance premium rates online in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)