If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable Ford Fiesta insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Jacksonville.
Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to prevent high prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Jacksonville. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Florida consumers can cut their rates by up to $1,100 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
Best Ford Fiesta insurance price quotes in Florida
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Florida. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you don’t get every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Fiesta can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for accident-free, type of vehicle, annual mileage, age of vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Nationwide may include discounts for Farm Bureau membership, family plan, good student, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- GEICO has savings for good student, air bags, military active duty, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is definitely important in Jacksonville.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Jacksonville who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Shown below are Jacksonville insurance companies that may be able to provide rate quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Jacksonville.
- Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St – Jacksonville, FL 32202 – (904) 350-0014 – View Map
- Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
- John Brooks – State Farm Insurance Agent
11362 San Jose Blvd #19 – Jacksonville, FL 32223 – (904) 880-9060 – View Map
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N – Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 – (904) 372-2355 – View Map
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Shop around and save
Lower-priced car insurance in Jacksonville is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
When you buy Jacksonville car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)