Want a free price quotes on cheaper insurance rates in Jacksonville, FL? Jacksonville buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Ford and find the best price possible from Jacksonville insurance agents and online providers.
Getting a cheaper price on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to take the time to get quotes to discover which company has affordable Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information displayed below highlights a range of insurance rates for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are formulated helps drivers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$862||$548||$32||$164||$1,954||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford Fusion Hybrid yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Fusion Hybrid settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many people don't even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Ford can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount get Jacksonville car insurance over the internet.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Travelers has savings for multi-car, driver training, multi-policy, early quote, new car, IntelliDrive, and student away at school.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, electronic funds transfer, good student, mature driver, and pay in full.
- Esurance has discounts for defensive driver, good driver, anti-theft, online quote, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver's education, good student, and student away at school.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including professional/association, age of vehicle, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and low natural disaster claims.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Jacksonville. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer online Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance quotes in Florida, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Jacksonville, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is wasting up to $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does my Ford Fusion Hybrid need full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Jacksonville insurance agent
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Jacksonville can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's important to point out why they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you will want to get quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Jacksonville independent insurance agents that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Erwin Insurance, LLC
841 Prudential Drive, 12th Floor - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 764-7531 - View Map
- Mizell Insurance Agency
11893 New Kings Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32219 - (904) 764-3336 - View Map
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32225 - (904) 743-6661 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Jacksonville that can give you price quote information.
- Debra Braddock - State Farm Insurance Agent
9310 Old Kings Rd S #1901 - Jacksonville, FL 32257 - (904) 737-0829 - View Map
- Jim Haskins - State Farm Insurance Agent
6983 103rd St #2 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 777-4577 - View Map
- Margie Harner - State Farm Insurance Agent
4540 Southside Blvd #1102 - Jacksonville, FL 32216 - (904) 296-2500 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Jacksonville?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?