It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Jacksonville.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to find cheap rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Fusion insurance. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Make sure you store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding discount prices. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Jacksonville is your objective, learning how to compare auto insurance can save money and time.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Jacksonville is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. Shoppers only need to know the most time-saving way to compare prices from many different companies online.
How to compare free Jacksonville Ford Fusion insurance quotes
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Buying the right Ford Fusion insurance in Florida is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Jacksonville, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Florida is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Facts and figures for Ford Fusion insurance
The premium table displayed next showcases estimates of insurance prices for Ford Fusion models. Being aware of how rates are calculated can help you make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$798||$564||$34||$168||$1,962||$164|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$450||$940||$564||$34||$168||$2,156||$180|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$450||$1082||$704||$42||$210||$2,488||$207|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$450||$940||$564||$34||$168||$2,156||$180|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$450||$940||$564||$34||$168||$2,156||$180|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$500||$1082||$564||$34||$168||$2,348||$196|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$500||$1082||$564||$34||$168||$2,348||$196|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Jacksonville garaging location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Ford Fusion insurance discounts in Jacksonville
Some providers don't always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Signing - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current Fusion insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Jacksonville, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Jacksonville auto insurance agent
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Jacksonville who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don't have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider shouldn't rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Jacksonville?
- How are claims handled?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Jacksonville agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give rate quotes.
- Vonnie Wiggins - State Farm Insurance Agent
11757 Beach Blvd #7 - Jacksonville, FL 32246 - (904) 641-0090 - View Map
- Connie Doyle State Farm Insurance Agency
14158 Marsh Woods Ct - Jacksonville, FL 32224 - (904) 223-0035 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1003 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32233 - (904) 246-8650 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can write business with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
- All Lines Insurance Agency
4828 Blanding Blvd Suite 1 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 376-7200 - View Map
- Frye Insurance Agency, Inc.
1851 University Blvd S - Jacksonville, FL 32216 - (888) 812-2985 - View Map
- Erwin Insurance, LLC
841 Prudential Drive, 12th Floor - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 764-7531 - View Map
If you feel you receive good answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How high should deductibles be on a Ford Fusion?
- Should I rate my Ford Fusion as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Cheaper insurance in Jacksonville is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Jacksonville auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)