It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more ideas to help reduce prices and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are very likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that people who regularly shopped around saved approximately $865 annually compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, understanding how to compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Jacksonville utilizes the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including the make and model of your vehicles, your education level, what your job is, and if a SR-22 is required. The data is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you quote, but some need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their company to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
If you want low cost Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Jacksonville. For a list of providers who offer free Honda Accord Hybrid insurance quotes in Florida, click here.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Jacksonville who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Jacksonville should have no problem answering these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Jacksonville?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you’re trying to find a local Jacksonville insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Jacksonville are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get price quote information.
Chris Nickas – State Farm Insurance Agent
9542 Argyle Forest Blvd #12 – Jacksonville, FL 32222 – (904) 854-4700 – View Map
Allstate Insurance, John Crowell Agency
9700 Philips Hwy #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 538-9440 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- If my Honda Accord Hybrid is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help calculate insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
Higher premiums for stressful occupations – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like military personnel, social workers, and stock brokers tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as professors, historians and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive your Honda each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your Accord Hybrid can result in significantly higher rates.
Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
Teen driver insurance prices – Teen drivers in Florida are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Loss probability for a Honda Accord Hybrid – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The data below shows the loss history for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Honda Accord Hybrid
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Accord Hybrid has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
We covered many tips how you can reduce Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates online in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-conscious Honda Accord Hybrid insurance can be sourced online and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, so you need to quote Jacksonville auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Kia Forte in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)