It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower prices are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $72 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your objective, then knowing how to compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
Really, the only way to get affordable Honda CR-Z insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Jacksonville. You can shop around by completing these steps.
First, spend some time learning about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a low credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more details to get lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Jacksonville is actually quite simple. Although Florida vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
When quoting insurance, remember that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Honda CR-Z insurance discounts in Jacksonville
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly retired, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
- MetLife has savings for good student, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be offered in your area. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with the best Honda CR-Z insurance discounts in Florida, click this link.
Local Jacksonville insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Jacksonville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Jacksonville are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Jacksonville that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Contemporary Affordable Insurance Agency
212 E Forsyth St – Jacksonville, FL 32202 – (904) 350-0014 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Jacksonville willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Jacksonville?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been open in Jacksonville?
After receiving positive responses to any questions you may have as well as cheaper CR-Z insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Will my Honda CR-Z be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Honda CR-Z Insurance Prices?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- More policies can equal more savings – Many insurers allow a discount to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare Honda CR-Z rates in Jacksonville to ensure the best deal.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Jobs like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and medical professionals usually pay the highest rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Marriage is a factor – Getting married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Honda scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Does auto insurance cost more for guys? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Save money by eliminating incidental coverages – There are a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Insurance loss probability for a Honda CR-Z – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Jacksonville, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your Honda CR-Z and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
You just learned many ways to reduce Honda CR-Z insurance rates online in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
The cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Jacksonville is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)