Honda Fit insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
I really doubt anyone enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Florida could pocket about $1,100 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with catchy ads and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Honda Fit insurance in Jacksonville a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get prices directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Honda Fit insurance in Jacksonville is very simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their system requests reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. This makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to do this if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you're receiving a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Honda Fit insurance discounts in Jacksonville
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Fit insurance in Jacksonville.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Signing - Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Fit insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Fit insurance.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda Fit insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in your area. To find companies that offer discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information shown next highlights different insurance premium costs for Honda Fit models. Learning how rates are formulated can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$256||$594||$334||$20||$100||$1,304||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in your specific Jacksonville location which can lower or raise rates greatly.
Honda Fit insurance premiums by gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda Fit auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below shows the comparison of Honda Fit auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Fit book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Find Honda Fit Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors that factor into your prices.
Teen drivers pay high prices - Teenage drivers in Florida tend to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a first-time driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Prices may be lower depending on your vocation - Occupational choices like military generals, executives, and financial analysts are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as farmers, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Lower annual miles equals lower premium - The more you drive annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Fit can cost quite a bit.
- Safer cars means cheaper insurance rates - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Honda Fit insurance claim data - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Honda Fit vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Honda Fit Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Fit 89 78 90 99 97 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Jacksonville insurance agents and insurance
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Jacksonville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Jacksonville that provide free Jacksonville auto insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Jacksonville are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, you should always get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are independent agencies in Jacksonville who may be able to give you price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Jacksonville exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Otis Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1629 Race Track Rd Unit 104 - Jacksonville, FL 32259 - (904) 287-1523 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How are they compensated?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my Honda Fit covered for flood damage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
You can lower your car insurance rates
Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Honda Fit insurance in Jacksonville can be bought both online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Honda Fit insurance in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Jacksonville auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Steps to saving on Honda Fit insurance in Jacksonville
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Jacksonville.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
One tip to remember is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Jacksonville, Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)