Are you tired of paying out the nose to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than most other people in Florida.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop for lower prices will most likely buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Honda S2000 insurance in Jacksonville is your ultimate goal, knowing how to shop and compare insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Honda S2000 insurance in Jacksonville
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell insurance in Jacksonville. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for instructions to get lower rates and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Due to the large number of options for buying lower-cost insurance for a Honda S2000 in Jacksonville, it’s nearly impossible to find the cheapest insurance company.
Cheapest auto insurance in Jacksonville, FL
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Get lower-cost rates on Honda S2000 insurance in Jacksonville with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new S2000 can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Club Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their company to analyze their driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, air bags, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, 55 and older, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Jacksonville. To see a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Florida, follow this link.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Jacksonville that give free quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jacksonville?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jacksonville?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Jacksonville are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
Ray Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 751-6643 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get price quote information.
Persistence pays off
When you buy Jacksonville car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for Honda S2000 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Jacksonville car insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Jacksonville car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Honda S2000 insurance in Jacksonville
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Jacksonville is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Florida.
First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once received, put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jacksonville Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)