If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Jacksonville. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Shockingly, the vast majority of insurance customers in Florida have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. American insurance shoppers can save approximately $850 each year, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Honda Insight insurance in Jacksonville takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as the make and model of your vehicles, whether you are single or married, what you do for a living, and the ages of drivers. The rating information is sent automatically to insurance companies and you receive quotes quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Insight in Jacksonville, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Honda Insight has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
The price information displayed next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Honda Insight models. Understanding how policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can modify coverage prices considerably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Honda Insight premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on Jacksonville auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can increase Honda Insight yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda Insight auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Insight book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Honda Insight insurance in Jacksonville
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Jacksonville car insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the difference between Honda Insight annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be available in Jacksonville.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Jacksonville auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jacksonville?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
When searching for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
13947 Beach Blvd #206 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 992-0002 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Stephanie Ando
3546 St Johns Bluff Rd S #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 645-8880 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James R. Stamper
3450 Dunn Ave Ste 104 – Jacksonville, FL 32218 – (904) 765-2919 – View Map
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that are able to give price quotes.
- Norris Insurance Agency
10695 Beach Blvd #1 – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 329-7950 – View Map
- Dwight Bacon Insurance Agency
6409 Merrill Rd – Jacksonville, FL 32277 – (904) 641-5940 – View Map
- State Insurance Agency
803 3rd St N – Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 – (904) 247-5599 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheap auto insurance is out there
Lower-priced auto insurance in Jacksonville is available from both online companies in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so get free Jacksonville car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
As you quote Jacksonville car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)