It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Jacksonville is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides information to get better rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Make sure you put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is the reason for your visit, knowing how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
How to get Jacksonville Jaguar X-Type insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from many available auto insurance companies in Florida. One of the best ways to find competitive Jaguar X-Type insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to drive to local insurance agencies. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the extra assistance of a local agency. Although you can price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional in Florida
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jaguar X-Type has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Jaguar at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Jaguar. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Jaguar as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your X-Type more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Don’t overlook these seven Jaguar X-Type insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current X-Type insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Jacksonville auto insurance quotes online.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Jacksonville and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Jacksonville, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower prices and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Jacksonville who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is there a local claims center in Jacksonville?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you need to find local Jacksonville agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Jacksonville agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Jacksonville who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jacksonville that can give you price quotes.
Upon receiving acceptable answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to your new company for any length of time.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Jaguar X-Type
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Jaguar X-Type.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your X-Type to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 10/20/10 which means a limit of $10,000 per injured person, $20,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
You just learned many tips how you can reduce Jaguar X-Type insurance premium rates online in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jacksonville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in Jacksonville is possible online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)